Reports to: Audit Manager and Director
Salary: Competitive (D.O.E.)
Bonus: Uncapped, discretionary and performance-based
Purpose of role
The primary responsibility of the Business Surveyor/Auditor is to undertake new business surveys and ongoing audits on behalf of clients of Hilton-Baird Audit & Survey, and to produce timely, accurate and insightful reports. The role requires you to maintain the highest levels of quality and efficiency, whilst providing a detailed insight which includes highlighting risks identified and insight into potential mitigants.
Hilton-Baird Audit & Survey is an outsourced provider to the Invoice Finance and Asset Based Lending market. In addition, it sometimes engages directly with businesses to provide its expertise around risk and secured lending aspects. As a result of growth in demand, we are looking for hard working and driven individuals to join our team of experts across the UK.
As an integral member of our expert team, the Business Surveyor/Auditor would be responsible for their own day-to-day workload, managing their own output and ensuring work is carried out as effectively as possible, establishing rapports with our key clients and, in turn, their clients.
- Undertake new business surveys, follow-up audit visits and any other business reviews as required on behalf of clients
- Production of timely and accurate reports in a format agreed with clients
- Attend networking and corporate hospitality events from time to time
- Liaise with both external and internal clients, as appropriate
- Facilitate and record escalations to the Audit Manager
- Perform against targets individually whilst contributing to the overall productivity of the team
- Ensure that issues outside the standard processes are escalated the Audit Manager
- Identify trends and suggest improvements to our processes and strategy
- Build relationships and gather important information
- Maintain the highest level of quality and professionalism in an effective yet courteous manner
- Ensure compliance to all data and wider regulations and in line with the requirements of our wide client base
- Attend regular team meetings and contribute as appropriate
- Maintain a detailed and accurate record of all findings
- Any duty you may be asked to perform as part of a special project
The candidate should be educated to a high standard, ideally to at least A Level education, and have a financial, business or debt recovery background. However, candidates who have achieved GCSE level and a thorough background of relevant work experience will also be considered.
We hire for attitude and aptitude above all else. If you possess the drive and determination to succeed, and have a good level of audit and survey experience, along with a sound understanding of business and finance in general and specifically within the invoice finance (factoring, invoice discounting and asset based lending) markets, that is a distinct advantage.
We will train you in our processes and methodology, which are key to our success. These will challenge and also provide the skills needed to prosper within this interesting, challenging and rewarding role. Our ethos is one of partnership – both externally and internally. The more value each individual adds to our clients and our business, the more value they receive in return.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- High level of attention to detail and investigation skills
- High level of business acumen
- Able to work on their own initiative and yet be collaborative
- Driven, hard worker
- Punctual and reliable
- Technology-literate to a high degree and able to work with and interrogate different accounts packages
- Excellent time management
- Approachable and able to gain trust of those you interact with
- Ability to multi-task to a high degree
- Full clean driving licence
- Ability to focus on the tasks required and take the necessary action swiftly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Light-footed and dynamic – able to modify plans at short notice
- Ability to effectively engage with other teams – both internal and external
- A willingness to learn and develop
What we offer
- A vibrant, enjoyable and committed workplace
- Rewarding discretionary bonus structure after completing a full financial year (January to December)
- Health Insurance and Life Assurance benefits after 12 months of service
- 25 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Ongoing training – we invest and take great interest in our employees’ personal development
- Structured career path within the company
- The chance to be part of a company that makes a real difference to UK commercial financiers, SME and corporate businesses
About Hilton-Baird Audit & Survey
Established in 2001, Hilton-Baird Audit & Survey provides outsourced risk management services to help UK & European finance providers and equity specialists make informed lending decisions, minimising risk whilst maximising lending. The company is a family-run business and part of the wider Hilton-Baird Group, which employs more than 40 staff.
From pre-lend surveys and routine audits to sales ledger reviews and even award-winning training, we are panel providers for a wide range of asset based lenders, high street banks and equity specialists.
With multi-sector expertise, our team is trained to take a commercial view of business, with each report providing a range of suitable recommendations that lenders’ operations or underwriting team can make practical use of. Reporting of factual issues is always balanced with the reality of managing a facility.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email email@example.com, attaching your CV and covering letter, stating the role within the subject line.